Take a Word - Stars

Long ago and far away in the land of my childhood, there were outdoor movies on Saturday nights on the lawn behind the drug store in our little town.    My childish heart was captive to a farm boy in the area.   I'd spread my blanket, sit down, and as dusk fell and the first star appeared I'd whisper, "I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight....I wish Willard will come and sit with me tonight".    Most times it worked and, as dark fell, he'd settle beside me.  Sometimes....sometimes, our hands even touched!    So long ago, those innocent childhood days.......
Credits:  Flickr Collage Images
You have read this article with the title Take a Word - Stars. You can bookmark this page URL http://digital-whisper.blogspot.com/2011/06/take-word-stars.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Take a Word - Stars"

Post a Comment