Three Muses - Wheel

I was nearly stumped by my own challenge! I decided to make this a rather personal entry. About 20 years ago, when my aunt was 80 years old, she gave me this woolen woven coverlet. The wool, she told me, was spun by her grandmother from sheep on their farm. It was dyed and woven into this coverlet on a loom by her grandmother. Imagine the hours! Many coverlets of this sort have the date and initials woven in. Alas, my great grandmother did not do this, but the coverlet is well over 100 years old. I folded back a corner, took a photograph, and digitally tucked in the painting of the woman at the spinning wheel by Frank Cadogan Cowper. A nice family memory for one of my journal pages. Thanks for listening to my story, and thanks for looking!
You have read this article with the title Three Muses - Wheel. You can bookmark this page URL http://digital-whisper.blogspot.com/2010/08/three-muses-wheel.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Three Muses - Wheel"

Post a Comment