Sunday Postcard - Dad

My father was a huge influence in my life. He was my mentor, my cheerleader, and my role model. He loved me unconditionally. When I saw the quote that accompanies this entry, it seemed so fitting. My father has been gone for many years, but I miss him still. Near the end of his life, I took my Dad for a country drive. It was that drive that occasioned me to write the following poem:

A MAN OF COURAGE

As we rode through summer breezes
The man of courage and I
He taught me still another lesson,
As he had since I was just so high.
For the years had left their burden
And now he walked with a cane
And the body once strong and strapping
Now faltered and gave much pain.
I heard him not once complaining,
As we passed fields of grain on our drive
But commenting on God’s bounty and sunshine,
Saying “It’s a good day to be alive”.
When I find I’m feeling sorry
For the problems and troubles I’ve had
I look to my model of courage
With humble gratitude....I love you, Dad!

Thank you for taking the time to read Hat's off to Fathers everywhere!
You have read this article with the title Sunday Postcard - Dad. You can bookmark this page URL http://digital-whisper.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-postcard-dad.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Sunday Postcard - Dad"

Post a Comment