IDLE THOUGHTS

Sometimes, when I think of the span of my life, it seems an amazement to me. I was born in the vast prairie corn belt in northern Illinois when Franklin Roosevelt was president. I went to a one-room country school grades 1 through 8. It was heated with a pot-bellied coal stove, and the boys’ and girls’ outhouses were at opposite ends of the schoolyard. I remember the excitement when electricity came to our rural part of the world. I’ve seen the advent of air travel, television, and the internet. I’ve lived through more wars than I care to enumerate. I remember when there were no credit cards, and people practiced the odd habit of getting something when they could afford it. I was a stay-at-home Mom, a room mother, a chaperone, a scout leader, and church secretary. When my children were grown and I was widowed at 45, I became a career woman. I had the best of both worlds. At retirement I explored the internet, became interested in digital art, joined a local altered arts group and a journaling group. I am blessed with a circle of friends, strong women with common interests with whom to share life's journey. I still savor the first crisp autumn morning, the beauty of fresh-fallen snow, the earthy smell of spring, and the long, lazy days of summer. God’s been “real good” to me!
You have read this article with the title IDLE THOUGHTS. You can bookmark this page URL http://digital-whisper.blogspot.com/2008/10/idle-thoughts.html. Thanks!

No comment for "IDLE THOUGHTS"

Post a Comment